Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ignorance is a drag, curiosity is a bliss

Have you ever run into something that you thought was great, and after "google-ing" about your new discovery you  come to realize that maybe, just maybe, you would have been able to discover this 'something' a while ago??? Bueno it just happened to me, i was bored searching through  YouTube's wide variety of entertainment (glee songs) when i decided to look up flash mobs, and to my surprise i ran into this awesome vid where ryan secrest becomes the target of one of these awesome acts



I must say that the song completely captivated me, and so I decided to look up its lyrics, since my shazam failed to recognize it (in its defense it only recognizes recordings), and as a result i ran into Sixpence None The Richer's Kiss Me, of course now I have it on my personal playlist, but just out of curiosity and after being enchanted by such sweet lyrics I posted the above video on Facebook, googled the band, posted a status about the band, and realized that the leading voice is no one else than Leigh Nash.. "SAY WHAT!?!?!" yeap, my reaction.
*REWIND* 
Yasmani (really good old friend): "You should listen to this song..." *looks it up on his iphone*
Me: *♪song playing♫* (immediately became part of favs playlist) "wow, this song is beautiful, who sings it, what song is it???"
Present time: wanna know more..yes you want to, the song is called My Idea of Heaven. who sings it?....Leigh Nash, "SAY WHAT!?!?!" same reaction, right?
Now, even though I 'wikipedia-ed' her (???) never cared about going deeper into her musical career... and my ignorance dragged me into a self-embarrassing moment in my life. Glad is over, TGFG (Thank God for Google)

~Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment