Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer "Distraction"

What I like the most about biking is those rocks and roots in the middle of road. Yeah, the ones I see and try to avoid but end up going over them anyways. Those are the ones that might make me stumble and fall off my bike but they also make me want to do it all over again.. until rocks become dirt and cover the roots. 


This new thing I'm trying is really FUN - although it was supposed to be "my summer distraction" but it  failed because of reasons I won't discuss :P "ay, que complicacion!!!" Tony - the point is biking is becoming the best thing I've set myself out to do in a long time. It drags you in, it's like the best vice I could have ever gotten myself into. Now, I just watch mountain biking videos on YouTube and read blogs and stuff... sick, I tell you.


Just recently I bought me a bike and couldn't be any happier with my decision - no more renting! - and now I'm able to explore trails other than the ones at Oleta River, such as the freaking awesome one they have at Amelia Earhart Park (trail at Virginia Key is next). And I want to thank Lexis for looking after me... in such a way that she tries for me to be safe on the trails that she misses the obstacles herself and ends up falling. Oh, also, she introduced me to the awesomeness of the hydration bags!!! I shall never stop for water ever again!




I guess the best part is getting to share the fun with some of the greatest people I've ever met. Biking makes me happy   =D  
This is me now...they'll grow... :P   



No comments:

Post a Comment